Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Layla Rhae- Organically Grown

It's no secret...I like organic. And if I had the money, I would buy EVERYTHING organic- down to my bedding.

But, extra cash or not, I try to feed Miss L. the freshest, purest food I can. I'm not saying I steam homegrown veggies in my kitchen daily. I wish I did. Let's be real...my day is filled to the brim with 'need to do's' so I am just very picky about the foods I purchase and bring into my home.

Why? Because I want to provide what I think is the best chance possible for our girl to live a long, healthy life. (Safety, happiness, success and productivity are on my list for her, as well!) The crap that is found in today's food is astounding. About the only place I know that I can easily get a pure meal is at my Papaw's. He has fish ponds, cattle and a nice garden every year. But, I live in Memphis. Not Walnut Grove, Tennessee.

Is organic really better for babies? Check out this link: 

Here are some of my favorite brands:




By the way, without going into too much detail because it could be another blog in and of itself- I believe in breastfeeding!

As a mother of a preemie who spent her first 10 days being bottle fed in the NICU, I feel I can say this... 'he/she didn't latch on well' isn't an excuse. If you really want your baby to to have breast milk, get a pump. Our girl was exclusively fed breast milk and I can thank Medela for it! :)
http://www.medela.us/