Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Something we love about Thursdays- The Little Gym!

Before Layla was born, I worked non-stop and traveled often. My social life was pretty busy, my wakeboard stayed wet and I often enjoyed at least one night out a week with girlfriends.

July 9, 2010 changed all of that with a screeching halt. So, after spending time in the hospital with our girl and then our first three weeks at home alone while Shane was flying to and from Atlanta constantly for work, I was so excited to enroll Layla in The Little Gym. She was 3 1/2 months old when she began. I must admit it was just as much about me making new mommy friends (who were in the same place in motherhood as I was at the time) as it was for her. For a while, The Little Gym was the only place Miss L. and I went for weeks at a time.

We're definitely more mobile now and do pretty much anything, but we still love The Little Gym as much as ever! We have met some sweet people and I often find myself turning to the other mothers in the class for information about Memphis-area children programs. It is really just a fun place to go with Miss L. There she has the freedom to roam, explore, discover and play with other children her age.

So, as Thursday comes, so does the excitement...for us both! :)

http://www.thelittlegym.com