Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Officially registered for Mother's Day Out!

Miss L. is set to gain a little independence from Mommy...

She was recently accepted to a local Catholic school and we made it official with registration today. :)

I'm not gonna lie, I totally choked up telling the principal her name the second we walked into the cafeteria. The laughter and excitement coming from all of the children made me so happy and it took me a moment to get it together as I thought about the fact that Shane and I are there in our lives together now. I mean, I know, it's just Mother's Day Out and not preschool or kindergarten, but it is a big deal for us, as Miss L. has been with me since the day we brought her home (with a little babysitting from others here and there). By the way, Layla started giggling the second we walked in...and didn't stop! She loves being around other children!

We're not Catholic and have a lot to learn, but we are very pleased with our decision to send Miss L. to this school.

Mommy is looking forward to getting back into the office and being able to serve the hardwood industry (which she loves so much) on a much more consistent basis, instead of just during nap times. :)

So, the class calendar is now hanging on our refrigerator, I have the list of supplies my baby needs, a Mommy school shirt and her nap mat cover in the dryer...all we are waiting on is Miss L. to start walking!

Did I mention walking is a requirement? :)