Wednesday, September 28, 2011

First Day of School!

Miss L has been registered for Mother's Day Out at a local Catholic school since August...but all students must be walking before they can attend.

And well, a week ago Monday, our girl literally just took off! And she hasn't stopped since!

After spending a week in Nashville and getting settled back into Memphis, she started 'school' today. :) She was a little hesitant when we first walked in, but opened up about two minutes later. There was another sweet little girl in her class that seemingly took Layla under her wing right away. Miss L looked so happy! My heart melted and I boo-hooed all the way to my car. She didn't need me. I'm not sure if Mother's Day Out is better for her independence or mine.

I was so excited to pick her up...now I know what parents talk about with carpool lines. :) Miss L came out with a smile and a shiner in her head. :( Her teacher said she had a wonderful day, except for the tumble she took on the outside playground. Apparently, she worked hard to keep up with the other children. Layla didn't cry and remained happy all day long...and she even laid down on her mat for a nap! I couldn't believe it! I still rock her to sleep for naps and at night! Oh, well...I guess that is for me, too. :)

It looks like these three half days a week are going to be good for us both...