Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hotlanta...ATL...Atlanta....Home

I've long called the city of Atlanta many things, but never have I called it home. That's about to change.

My Shane received a well deserved promotion that will soon make our baby a 'Georgia Peach.' We are headed South the first week of November and I have mixed feelings.

Some may remember that we were singing this same tune about a year ago when Shane was lined-up to work at a newly acquired dealership down there...but things changed last minute...and I mean so last minute we were about to sign a contract on a rental, had plane tickets bought for our friends that were helping us move, house packed in the garage and ready to head out the next morning. We were blessed with another year in Memphis. I was so happy. The whole thing felt so rushed, as our sweet baby had only been home from the NICU for a month or so and we had family members that at that point had not met her (the doctor limited us to visitors since Miss L was so tiny).

But this time, it feels right. Don't get me wrong I am really going to miss my life in Tennessee and those that we love here, but my Shane has worked hard and it is so wonderful to see him grow professionally.

I know we will be back often to visit family and friends and those that are close to us will always remain close to us because our relationships are just so darn tight. :)

And for the first time in my life, I will be living right in the middle of the places that I love the most...West Tennessee and Central Florida. :) I will be within reasonable driving distance between both of them. I smile when I consider that I may just be getting the best of both worlds.

With that said, my heart will surely be sad the day we roll out of here. Tennessee has been good to me. I've been here since 1995 and the days have been beautiful. I say I grew up in Florida, but Tennessee turned me into an adult. I met my husband here, graduated from college here, began my career here and had my baby here. All the while having a loving supporting family and making some of the very BEST friends a girl could have...