Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ten Day Challenge- Two

Two Songs-

1.) 'Layla,' by Eric Clapton. Obvious reasons. :) I am often asked if we named her after this song. We didn't. Her name comes from a little girl from my childhood. Although the little girl and I knew one another, it was as if I admired her from afar since she was a couple of years older than me. She seemed to have everything. She was very talented, popular and everyone loved her. She was always smiling and happy. I wonder where she is today... As as side note, our Layla's middle name, 'Rhae,' comes from my Daddy. His name was Rayburn and he was a junior, so my Papaw's name is Rayburn, too. My maternal grandfather's name was Ray, as well. :) Good solid name from some of the most important men in my life.
I've always preferred the Unplugged version. :)



2.) 'Against the Wind,' by Bob Seger. This song holds so much meaning to me and my family. It was one of my Dad's favorites and my it got my family through some tough times as they searched the Tennessee River for his body. I was only three years old, but I clearly remember pressing my ear against the tall speakers in my Mother's living room as the local DJ played this song throughout those long weeks. My family chose to play this song at my Dad's funeral after my grandfather found him. We really were all running 'Against the Wind' for a moment in time. I have loved Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band since then.




Bob Seger's 2011 Tour- Nashville, Tennessee Show:

 THE LEGEND- BOB SEGER

Alto Reed, legendary saxophonist of the Silver Bullet Band. Master behind the often copied introduction to 'Turn the Page.'

Silver Bullet Band Drummer, Don Brewer.