Friday, September 2, 2011

Ten Day Challenge- Six


1.) It's no secret, New Smyrna Beach, Florida is my favorite place in the entire world. I've long called it home...even when I lived other places. That sleepy little beach town will forever own my heart. I hope to  live there again. I love everything about it, but most of all, I love the people. Hardly anyone is actually 'from' there, so it doesn't run on old local money. Most everyone you meet there made their journey South from another far away place. It creates a rich, diverse atmosphere where folks just accept people for who they are. The subtropical climate, warm Atlantic ocean and salty air just make it even better. :) 


2.) Pickwick Lake, Tennessee. It's where my Shane is from and it is just a few miles from where the rest of my family lives. I LOVE summers in Pickwick and there is no place I'd rather be on the Fourth of July. No place at all. Just give me a float, my wakeboard, a can of Bud Light...and leave me to the lake. I'll be good for a while. :) 


3.) NOLA.  I LOVE New Orleans, Louisiana! I've often said it is the only place I have ever been to in the United States that offers a feeling of international travel. New Orleans has its own culture for sure...among the food, music, dialect and nightlife, I feel like I am anywhere but the U.S. Besides that, etouffee is one of my favorite dishes! And I love me some good crawfish! I gain about 10 pounds every time I go there! Yummy NOLA.


4.) Memphis, Tennessee! It's where I live and where I had my baby! I LOVE YOU MEMPHIS!


5.) Mexico. I've been twice and had two VERY different experiences. Loved them both. The first time was for my honeymoon with my honey. The second was for a Bachelorette Cruise. One was low key and romantic and the other was wild crazy fun with the girls! :)


6.) San Francisco, California. I've been there for work and mostly saw the inside of the hotel. And although it was a beautiful hotel...I for sure want to go back to see more of the city. I'd like to stay at The Pickwick Hotel while I am there. :)