Monday, September 12, 2011

Football Menu- Game One


It's no secret that we love Dallas Cowboys football in our house. And Shane is probably still spitting out ill words to the New York Jets after last night's loss. But one good thing came out of it- GAME DAY FOOD!

I thought I'd start sharing the menu for game days around the Oldham House. :)

Since we went to The Germantown Festival yesterday, where we chowed down on fried catfish and rootbeer floats, we kept the menu simple for last night's game, but it was delish!

Before we headed out to the festival, I prepped this  SUPER EASY Crockpot dish:

Four (frozen) medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1  1/2 cup of Salsa

Throw the chicken in the Crockpot and pour the salsa over the top. Cook for five hours on high. Shred it when it is done and yum! Pour it over some tortillas and add cheese. So good!


I also picked up some delicious five pepper jelly made by The Ole Homestead, based in Louisanna, while at the Festival. Spread a little cream cheese on Club crackers and a dollop of the jelly and love it! 

Here's the website to get your own:

It's notable that Rachel Ray named it the best pepper jelly! :) I agree.

Here's a pic I snapped with my phone last night... :)