Sunday, September 4, 2011

Ten Day Challenge- Four


Four Books-

The last adult book I read was Twilight. I was on vacation in 2009. So...it's clear I don't really read books for myself.

Here's my top four children's books- A TOUGH DECISION TO MAKE!

1.) Fancy Nancy. We love any Fancy Nancy book in this house. I even use my best French accent to read them to Layla. She seems to like it, so I keep it up. :)
 

Where's Layla? See if you can find Miss L. among all of the Fancy Nancy look-alikes at 
Cousin Abigail's Fancy Nancy themed Birthday Party. :)

2.) Puff the Magic Dragon. It's the book version of the famous Peter, Paul and Mary song. This song has so much meaning to Shane as his father often sang it to him and his siblings when they were children.



Layla and her Papaw. We sure miss him.


3.) John Philip Duck. It's a fictional story about a boy, a duck and the Peabody Hotel. :) Such special meaning to our family.



Miss L. serving as Honorary Duckmaster at the Peabody Hotel.

4.) Nelly the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse Cat. We love this book because it is about a cat that lives at the lighthouse that shines out from the beach I grew up on. And yes, there really is a cat named Nelly that lives at this lighthouse.



Celebrating my January birthday with Shane and Miss L. at Ponce Inlet Lighthouse.